Park & Sail
Higher taxes. Higher gas prices. It seems more now than ever, everything is just getting more expensive by the minute! Being residents of the New York and New Jersey, many have already experienced the toll fare hikes for tunnels and bridges as of September of 2011.
Important Facts Regarding the Tunnel/Bridge Toll Increase:
- Port Authority of New York and New Jersey approved the toll hike. Increase began on September 18, 2011
- Tolls for cars with EZ Pass will increase $1.50 in September and 75 cents each December from 2012-2015.
- Drivers without EZ Pass will pay an additional $2 surcharge that will be rounded up to the nearest dollar to reduce the burden on toll takers fumbling with quarters and to encourage EZ Pass use.
- Trucks with EZ Pass = additional $2 per axle in September from 2012-2015.
- Non EZ Pass trucks = additional $3 axle cash penalty.
- PATH fares currently $1.75, will increase 25 cents per year for four years.
(Statistics were obtained from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey website, www.panynj.gov)
Are YOU still driving into the city?
When we ask our NY Waterway riders why they don’t drive into the city, we always get the similar responses about traffic congestion, tolls, finding convenient parking and PAYING for parking once in the city. Also, gas prices fluctuating are always on the rise.
Why would you want to put yourself through such a hassle of driving? Now with the increase in taking the PATH and bridge and tunnel tolls, why WOULD you want to go through such an aggravation?
Here at NY Waterway, we pride ourselves in being 98% on time. We know how valuable time is to our commuters, and we continue to provide you with the best transportation service out there.
If tolls and traffic have you down, we may have the solution for you! We realize you have many choices in commuting in/out of NYC and NJ, and are thankful for those who choose NY Waterway as Your Key to the City.
Best way in and out of NYC? Park and Sail Park your car at our Port Imperial terminal, and take the smooth ride over to Midtown or Downtown! Save money, save time, and commute with ease! Avoid those spikes in tolls, traffic and other transportation fares, and make the switch today with NY Waterway.
Park. Sail…and Cruise! Attention Cruise Go-ers! This is also an ideal option if you are taking a CRUISE out of one of the terminals in Midtown. Simply park your care at Port Imperial, ferry over to our Midtown terminal. Then cruise away to your destination with ease!