NY Waterway continuously explores new ways of bringing more awareness of mental health and wellbeing to its employees.
We are invested in and are strong advocates for helping employees and providing them with the best resources available.
NEW INITIATIVES at NY Waterway
A strong Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- No cost counseling/crisis services/coaching available 24/7 for employees and their family.
- No cost legal service and advising.
- Library of articles to read about diagnosis/work-life challenges/overall wellbeing.
- Webinars on various topics.
- Health tips.
- Extensive discount programs on hotels/vacations/concerts, etc.
- Free Calm App for every employee - anytime, anywhere.
- Unlimited and equitable access to resources that preserve mental health and boost workplace productivity.
Empathy Training for Managers
- Leadership training on empathy and how it is applied in the workplace.
- Leaders who can empathize with people in their respective departments will be able to provide better leadership.
- There are many proven positive results from empathy training.
- Ensuring we capture the opinions of our employees to understand what matters to them.
- To offer the best resources available.
Access to Mental Health Resources for ALL employees is ongoing.