A Note To Our Customers
To NY Waterway Customers
As the cold weather is expected to continue for a while, we are issuing this
communication which represents our customers' best interests.
Operating in the ice is nothing new to us. We have done so, many times in
the past when presented with these types of extreme conditions. This is no
danger for our passengers. Our ferries are strong and we have never
experienced a problem with any of our hulls in all of our years of operating
Please know that we're doing our best to deliver reliable service under these
difficult conditions and will continue to do so with careful marine operation.
Our marine operations stall follow conditions almost to the minute, to ensure
that we are doing our very best to transport people as close to schedule as
possible while maintaining safetly.
To this end, we would like to advise you of the following:
- NY Waterway ferry service will continue to operate with the complete safety
of our passengers as our number one priority.
- For safety, ferries will travel at slower speeds throughout these conditions
- At times we will need to re-route ferries when it is prudent to do so, as with our
Edgewater to Midtown service.
- We are chartering tugs in the Midtown and Belford areas to help maintain
our continued service.
- The Belford channel will continue to operate through the use of the tug and
we expect to maintain our Belford service with consistent schedules.
We thank you for continuing to travel with NY Waterway and for your understanding
during these extreme weather conditions. Again, please know that the safety of our
passengers is always what is most important to us.
The Staff at NY Waterway